I realize that there is so little that I’ve shared about my 18 day photographic safari to Zimbabwe and Zambia. Accompanied by my husband and my father, the adventures we had exceeded all expectations and were often beyond any comprehensible dream and worst nightmare. This trip proved that adventure really does find me.
When turning in for the evening after one especially adventurous day, my husband summed up the trip perfectly by exclaiming:
“I almost died twice today! It was awesome!”
Stay tuned for the stories. After all, he almost died…twice…and it was pretty awesome.
Mickey and Tupac
London, United Kingdom
Makes 10 Tortillas
- 2 cups of corn flour (masa)
- 1 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 tablespoon salt
1. Mix the salt into the masa before slowly mixing in the water.
2. When the mixture has a doughy consistency, separate the dough into 10 balls.
3. Shape the tortillas by hand, by clapping the dough between your palms until the tortilla is circular and thin. Alternatively, use a tortilla press.
4. Heat a skillet or griddle over medium-high heat.
5. Cook the tortillas until they begin to puff, turn them over, and cook until they puff further or reach your desired level of golden color.
6. Sprinkle with salt and keep warm until ready to serve.