Makes 10 Tortillas
- 2 cups of corn flour (masa)
- 1 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 tablespoon salt
1. Mix the salt into the masa before slowly mixing in the water.
2. When the mixture has a doughy consistency, separate the dough into 10 balls.
3. Shape the tortillas by hand, by clapping the dough between your palms until the tortilla is circular and thin. Alternatively, use a tortilla press.
4. Heat a skillet or griddle over medium-high heat.
5. Cook the tortillas until they begin to puff, turn them over, and cook until they puff further or reach your desired level of golden color.
6. Sprinkle with salt and keep warm until ready to serve.