2 cups water
4 kaffir lime leaves, torn (substitute with the zest of one lime)
4 bird’s eye chilies, stem removed and cut in half lengthwise
3 pieces of dried galangal (substitute with fresh or dried ginger)
3 stalks of lemongrass, halved lengthwise (or 3 tbsp jarred sliced lemongrass)
2 shallots, chopped
2. Strain the broth through a sieve into a saucepan.
Soup Ingredients and Directions:
12 ounces of fish (white fish like halibut, sole, etc), skinned and filleted
1 lb green leafy vegetable, chopped (ex. water spinach, baby spinach, baby bok choy)
2 packages mushrooms, such as beech or straw
2 tbs fish sauce
1 tbs lime juice
Cilantro, a handful, chopped
1. Bring the broth to a boil.
2. Add the fish and the mushrooms to a pot. Return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 4 minutes.
3. Add remaining ingredients. Simmer for one or two minutes, just long enough for the greens to wilt or soften.
4. Divide into bowls and serve.